Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Larkin Desk

larkin desk
larkin desk  

larkin desk
larkin desk  
Hi My father in law left us with what I believe is a Larkin Desk, although I don't see any stamps or identification.  Do you know what style it may be or any details about it, it does have the original key.  We will probably just sell it since we don't have the space for it, any information is greatly appreciated.

Hi Jenny
Nice to hear from you.
I had such a desk. Its beautiful.
Yours is oak (solid oak,not veneer), it has had the original finish removed but whoever refinished it did a great job ..your Father?
I would not take less than 250.00 for this piece but I am in Canada and prices may vary in Az.
You say you have no room for the desk , but try to find a spot LOL.
Merry Christmas from Canada

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.