Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Oak Acorn Goldmine Tab Machine

Question
Acorn Goldmine Tab Machine
Acorn Goldmine Tab Mac  

Acorn Tabe machine 2
Acorn Tabe machine 2  
I have been looking for information on an Oak Acorn 1c Goldmine Tab Machine and have not been able to find much at all.

I have attached 2 pictures and any information would be appreciated. I am not especially interested in value, I probably paid too much but I bought it for nostalgia and would like to get it in good working condition. Everything seems to work right now but it is a bit sluggish I figure due to the grease being dirty and gummy. Are there any diagrams available on the web that you know of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry

Answer
Hi Larry,
These machines are very easy to service. There are no diagrams available that I know of but the mechanism is quite simple and easy to figure out. If you spend some time examining it
you will probably see that you can easily service the machine. Most parts are aluminum and can be cleaned with warm water and soap. Observe where grease or oil was previously applied and
re-lube after cleaning. You will feel proud of yourself upon completion as you will have
brought an old machine back to life. Go for it! Regards, Gumgod

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund