Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Old Kneehole desk

Question
front of desk
front of desk  

back of desk
back of desk  
I bought this desk at an auction some time ago, and since I haven't been able to find out much about it.  It is in good condition, drawers work very well, the top has been protected with glass, etc.  One of the bottom drawers is signed "Wabash."  It almost looks like an 81 before the Wabash, but I can't really tell.  Several drawers have a 17 written on the bottom.  The top drawer has some sort of inscription on it as well, but wear has made it almost impossible for me to read.  Really, I know nothing about this desk, so any information you can offer would be appreciated.  I think it's old, but I could be wrong.  I think it probably holds some value, but I really don't know.  Thanks you.

Answer
This looks like an American made desk circa 1890s, it is an antique but not the most valuable model, In an antique store you could find something similar for around $600 to $900 dollars, but most antiques dealers would pay around $300 to $450 dollars for a piece like this in a normal economy. Because of the economy today, if you are trying to sell this, I thinks you may be worth around $250 to $300 dollars.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson