Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rocking Chair Identification

Question
rocker 1
rocker 1  

rocker 2
rocker 2  
I purchased this rocking chair at a local auction.There is nothing on the chair to identify the manufacturer. I would like to find out how old it may be and who made it. The seat appears to be laminated, and there are metal rods at the front of the chair between the arms and the seat. Also would like to know the chairs value. Thank you.

Answer
without a label there is not way anyone can tell you who manufactured this rocker.  there were thousands of manufacturers in operation around 1900 when this was made.

the seat is laminated and the back veneered, as they were made.  very good condition.

i will guess you paid around 100-175.  in my shop i would price it at 275-300 after a bit of cleaning and waxing.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein