Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stickley Quaint 36 in round table

Stickley Bros Quaint Table
Stickley Bros Quaint T  

Stickley Quaint Furniture tag
Stickley Quaint Furnit  
Can you give me any information about this table.  It is 36" round with a smaller round shelf beneath the table top.  I have not been able to find anything similar.  I wondered if it may have been a small dining table at one time because the bottom round does not seem right.  Especially interested in when it was made and if it has any value.  Stickley metal tag is still in place on the bottom

Wanda - The earliest Quaint line of furniture from Stickley Brothers appeared in 1903. It was Mission style with severely straight lines and little decoration. In 1909 the company began to move away from the straight lines and severely straight legs were replaced with heavy turned legs such as are on your table. By the mid 1910s the style softened significantly.

The lower shelf was frequently used by the company on lamp tables. The lower shelf was used for a plant stand or for decorative objects. Most of those tables that I could find were 24 or 30 inches in diameter but there may have been some that were 36 inches. Here is one of those tables with the lower shelf but straight legs.

It sold at Treadway Gallery in Cincinnati in 2011 for $1100.

your table is circa 1909 -1915 and would probably sell at auction in the $600 range. You may also want to contact Treadway for their opinion. here is the site.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida