Collectibles-General (Antiques)/A thimble

Question
Thimble
Thimble  

Thimble
Thimble  
Dear Barbara,
Could you please tell if this thimble is German?
It is marked "800" and "Italy" and has 5 petal flower on top. Does this indicate any German thimble maker?

Thank you in advance,
Julia

Answer
Hello Julia.  Could you please include a picture of the top of the thimble so that I can see what the star-type mark looks like?  Many manufacturers used various styles of stars.  I can tell you 800 means it is not sterling silver, but a lesser quality silver.  The band looks to be applied over an existing thimble rather than the band of the original thimble being decorated with stones.  I await to additional pictures to help identify your thimble.  Barbara

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Barbara K. Acchino

I have been collecting for almost 30 years.

ThimbleCollectors@ONElist.com; Thimble Collectors International (TCI); Thimble Guild; Thimbletter & Thimbletter II, Empire State Thimble Collectors; CyberThimble; Yahoo Thimble Club

"Sewing with Scotties" Scottie Sampler; various articles for the "Bulletin" - official newsletter of Thimble Collectors International (TCI)

TCI's President's Award