Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Vanity Information

back of vanity
back of vanity  

front of vanity
front of vanity  
Hello, I purchased this today and I finally got you some better photos of it.  Can you please tell me about this piece, also how to care for furniture like this (what product to clean with) and the mirror is kinda messed up, Do u you think I could have the mirror redone or would that cost tons of money.  One more question, the droors have a distinct smell to them, I think because they have had it in the shed and there were some critter remains.  Can you recommend a product to put in the droors to help with smell.  (I was thinking fabric sheets)  Anything you know of would be very helpful.  Thank you so much.

This is an American made mass produced vanity and it looks like it was made in the 1980s, if you are going to change the mirror, take it out of the frame and bring it to a glass craftsman or mirror shop and ask if they can duplicate the shape. It should cost around $40 to $60 dollars but I do not know where you live so I can not really tell you exactly how much it will cost. The style of the mirror is a mix of English 19th century design details mixed with an American design shape for the mirror. I would wash the drawers with Mr Clean or a strong household cleaner and then rinse with water and dry them quickly so the wood does not warp. If they still smell try spraying a perfume and airing the drawers in the sun.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.