Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Veneer Wood Type on Waterfall Table

Question
Veneer Wood Type on Waterfall Table 1
Veneer Wood Type on Wa  

Veneer Wood Type on Waterfall Table 2
Veneer Wood Type on Wa  
Hello, Robert - it's been awhile since I spoke with you last.

I am refinishing a waterfall dining room table and have stripped the table top. To me the wood looks like mahogany but the dark brown color is really confusing me. No searching that I have done talks about such brown mahogany.

I'll be straight up tell you that I asked a different web site about the wood and a few fellow refinishers responded that the wood was teak. The reason that I would appreciate your input is that I think you would have a good sense about whether or not this type of furniture from this era would ever be teak.

Thanks.

Gary

Answer
think walnut; although remember that the color you see on the surface, although brown, could have been redder then faded.  color is only one factor in woods identification.  teak it is not.

i need clear and close pictures of the wood grain with no glare to be sure

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein