Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Montgomery Ward Rocking Chair

Kay wrote at 2014-09-02 20:55:36
The rocker is a 1976 Bientennial reproduction of "Colony Rocker" made for Montgomery Wards by "Look 1776".  I bought mine for $15.00 in 1976 from the damaged department in the main Denver Montgomery Wards. I believe the rocker retailed for about $45.00.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971