Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique His and Hers Chairs

Question
Red velvet Chair detail
Red velvet Chair detai  

Red Velvet Chairs
Red Velvet Chairs  
His and Hers walnut chairs purchased by parents in 1950 from neighbor. I don't know the true age of the chairs.  They were professionally refinished and reupholstered in 1976.  Used for decorative purposes only and in excellent condition.  Considering selling. Looking for an approximate market value. Any other information you have would be great.

Answer
wood appears to be birch and originally would have been stained to a mahogany color.  they were made around 1890-1910.  it would have been part of a parlor set, probably had 2-4 ladies chairs and 1-2 gents chairs and a loveseat, perhaps a rocker as well,

they would sell in a shop at 450-650 for both.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein