Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Sofa Damage

Sofa 1
Sofa 1  

Sofa 2
Sofa 2  
Hi Robert, could you identify the origin of this sofa/lounge for me and it's current market value?  Also, the damage to the trimming is clearly evident, what is the process and cost of repairing such damage?

Thank you in advance for your expertise!

will need some closer pictures of  the carved feet adn a good clear picture of the underneath wood.

repair to the gimp--what we call the torn part here- is easy.  take the gimp off and replace it all the way around.  it is either glued, stapled or both.  

standing by for pics

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971