Collectibles-General (Antiques)/armchair age, style (with pix)

Question
armchair
armchair  

armchair label
armchair label  
Hi Robert:

(Very sorry...I forgot to attach pix to question. Here they are.)

I just picked up this chair and am wondering three things:

1) What is this style of armchair called?
2) When was it likely manufactured?

I'm including a picture of the label under the seat, in case it's helpful. Since the chair's military ownership is on the label itself, I assume it was built for them. I haven't been able to find out much about that chair company.

Thanks, very much!
Dutch

Answer
there were several companies manufacturing what is called institutional furniture.  gubermint, military, schools, offices, courts, and such.

this is one of those.  not made for the air force but made and purchased by the USAF Academy.  

these pieces are generally very well constructed and functional.

http://archive.org/stream/highgradechairs00mari#page/n7/mode/2up

1920 manufacturer.  made in oak.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein