Collectibles-General (Antiques)/armchair age, style (with pix)

armchair label
armchair label  
Hi Robert:

(Very sorry...I forgot to attach pix to question. Here they are.)

I just picked up this chair and am wondering three things:

1) What is this style of armchair called?
2) When was it likely manufactured?

I'm including a picture of the label under the seat, in case it's helpful. Since the chair's military ownership is on the label itself, I assume it was built for them. I haven't been able to find out much about that chair company.

Thanks, very much!

there were several companies manufacturing what is called institutional furniture.  gubermint, military, schools, offices, courts, and such.

this is one of those.  not made for the air force but made and purchased by the USAF Academy.  

these pieces are generally very well constructed and functional.

1920 manufacturer.  made in oak.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971