Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Authentication

side view
side view  

Can you please tell me if the glass shown in the attached photo looks to be authentic Lalique? There is an engraving on the base saying "Lalique France" shown in attached photo. Base is 8 inches, height is 10 inches. Thank you very much.

Hi Robert. A caution that you can never say for certain from a photo and without having the piece in-hand. With that in mind, in my opinion the Cheetah figure in your photos is an authentic piece of modern Lalique Crystal with the model name Tancrede Cheetah and the model number 1174000.  This model appears in the 2004 Lalique Suggested Retail Price List with a retail price at that time of $3570. If you search Google for phrases like Lalique Cheetah or Lalique Tancrede, you will find links to various sales and offerings of the model. It also appears on Ebay from time to time.

Good luck with the piece,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

G Zimmerman

I can answer questions only about the works of Rene Lalique.

I work for the website at

Graduate of The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania