Collectibles-General (Antiques)/charlotte reid pottery

Question
My partner has a charlotte reid jug. we have tried to find out what it would be valued at - to no avail. we are in tough times financially & wondered would it be worth selling at this time?

Answer
Jane,

Thanks for the question.  The jug is by Charlotte "Rhead", which is why you may have had trouble researching value.  The pottery mark is soft everywhere, but depending on the style, condition, color and form, it may still retain some value, especially in the UK, where Charlotte's famous father was from.  I would suggest looking on line again and maybe reaching out to a gallery or two to gauge interest.  That may well provide with the answers you are looking for.

Best of luck in your quest.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach