Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cigar store Indian

Question
Chief
Chief  
I am interested to know what my cigar stoe Indian is worth.  I know my dad purchased it over 35 years ago in Louisiana. Also if you can tell me any history of it

Thank you

Answer
Hilary,

We are not really supposed to answer value questions on this site, and I honestly do not know that much about the newer Cigar Store Indians as I specialize in the 19th century pieces.  Having said that, I can tell you a little bit about your piece...

These were made in the second half of the 20th century and similar figures are still being made today.  They generally are available in the 3-7 hundred dollar range when I see them for sale.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Russell

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Russell Barnes