Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Cigar store Indian

I am interested to know what my cigar stoe Indian is worth.  I know my dad purchased it over 35 years ago in Louisiana. Also if you can tell me any history of it

Thank you

We are not really supposed to answer value questions on this site, and I honestly do not know that much about the newer Cigar Store Indians as I specialize in the 19th century pieces.  Having said that, I can tell you a little bit about your piece...

These were made in the second half of the 20th century and similar figures are still being made today.  They generally are available in the 3-7 hundred dollar range when I see them for sale.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Russell Barnes

I specialize in 19th century wooden Cigar Store Indians. My website contains pictures and information on 19th century antique cigar store Indians. I am also gathering information for a book some day. Would enjoy seeing pictures of other potential early Cigar Figures. Chances are if you have an authentic figure, I have some information on it

I have been collecting over 20 years and currently have over 900 photographs of antique 19th century Cigar Store Indians. This helps me date and give other information on the older figures. I also have over 1100 images of actual Cigar Store Indians out on the streets of American - this also helps me to date the figures.

Have traveled all over the continental US looking at figures in museums and private collections.