Collectibles-General (Antiques)/eagle lock co trunk

Question
I recently purchased this trunk at an auction and wanted to know if you could help me identify what kind or brand it is, maybe what year it was made approx. It does have the eagle lock co on the locks but no identification on the trunk itself. I would really appreciate it
Thank You
Aubrey

Answer
Hi Aubrey,

I can probably help you with some information if you can send a couple pictures of the trunk. Eagle Lock Company made trunk locks of many kinds from 1853 to 1954, but they didn't make trunks. Many trunk makers in the U.S. did not put labels on all of their trunks.  There were many styles but I have been studying them for almost 40 years now.  

Marvin  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller