Collectibles-General (Antiques)/eagle lock co trunk

I recently purchased this trunk at an auction and wanted to know if you could help me identify what kind or brand it is, maybe what year it was made approx. It does have the eagle lock co on the locks but no identification on the trunk itself. I would really appreciate it
Thank You

Hi Aubrey,

I can probably help you with some information if you can send a couple pictures of the trunk. Eagle Lock Company made trunk locks of many kinds from 1853 to 1954, but they didn't make trunks. Many trunk makers in the U.S. did not put labels on all of their trunks.  There were many styles but I have been studying them for almost 40 years now.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.