Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Ferguson Tables

Ferguson Table
Ferguson Table  
I have a pair of vintage mahogany, kidney shaped Ferguson Bros  accent tables. They have a brass gallery and four reeded legs that have brass capped "hairy paw" feet. Can you tell me anything more about them and a value for the pair.
Thank you kindly.

most will call these duncan phyfe style but federal is a more descriptive style.  they are mahogany veneer on the tops but i cannot see the grain in the bases.

in catalogs of the time they would have been called end tabled, tea tables or side tables.

they were made between the 1920s-1940.

fair market valuse in as hsop

150 each if in good condition  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971