Collectibles-General (Antiques)/library table identification

library table
library table  

library table, second view
library table, second  
Hi. I'm curious about this oak library table. It has no manufacturer's marks that I can see. I would specifically appreciate any info you might know about its age, style, and manufacturer (if possible). If you have some idea of its value, I'd be curious about that as well.

Thanks very much,

There were thousands of manufacturers in oper ation so without a label there is no way to determine the manufacturer.

some items dont fit into a neat category of styles.  This period is one.  Called the Golden Oak period.

Made around 1890-1900 most likely in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan.

I would pay about 300-350 at auction for this and would sell it at 650 in my shop.

I like this, it would fit perfectly in my study with the computer on it!!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971