Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Looking for some info

Vanity Table
Vanity Table  

Vanity Table
Vanity Table  
Hi Eileen, I'm just looking for some info with regards to the attached picture of what I beleive to be a vanity table?
I not quite sure what year it would have been made, its been in the family for a while with no history of origin.
Appreciate any info you can provide, thanks!

Hi Neil
Nice to hear from you.
I love these.
What you have is an Art Deco "style" waterfall vanity.
The curved front is called a waterfall.
This is a particularlly nice one in my opinion with the Herringbone veneer and inlays in the drawers.
The piece appears to still have its original finish which is a bonus if you plan to sell it and also a bonus if you plan to keep it and refinish it. But do not refinish to sell.
These pieces are always very well made. The only damage I ever see on these is the veneer but yours looks great.
If you remove the cardboard backing on the mirror you will see its stamped with the year of manufacture. My guess is 40's
These pieces were mass produced and were a part of a bedroom suite.
It seems the suites were always broken up.
The vanity always included a stool where the lady sat to get pretty.
I'd be happy to send the stripping info if you plan on refinishing. These pieces are very easy for the do it yourselfer and turn out beautifully.
Get back if needed

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.