Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Macey Barrister Bookcase

Question
Macey 3-stack
Macey 3-stack  
I have a Macey Barrister 3 stack bookcase.  (stacks # 35-8, 35-10, & 35-12)  Each stack has three windows.  One window is cracked and one back leg has been replaced.  With the exception on that one leg, everything is original.  I am looking for a fair asking price.

Answer
Jackie - The value of Macey and Globe-Wernicke bookcases has declined slightly in the last few years. Ten years ago they sold in the $150-$250 per section range. Now they are more in the $75-$150 range.

Here is a bookcase very similar to yours that sold at auction in June 2012 for $425.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/11817885_an-oak-mission-style-three-stacking

Given the minor problems with yours that would seem to be a very fair price.  

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor
www.furnituredetective.com
info@furnituredetective.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor