Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Maker Needed for Age of Angular Art Pottery Tea Set

Question
Art Pottery Tea Set
Art Pottery Tea Set  

Art Pottery Mark
Art Pottery Mark  
I have an old art pottery tea set. When I found it I remembered having seen a known maker's similar work, but have since forgotten who it may be. These pieces are heavy, with a clear spiral from hand-forming visible on the bases. The set is unmarked, save for an incised tool mark in one place on the base of each piece. The mark looks like approximately five parallel and sometimes curved lines, wing- or lea-like, as if made with one quick shave of a carving/shaping tool.

The tea Pot is 5/1/2" tall, 7" at widest and only 3" wide at opening and 5" at the widest point 90˚ perpendicular to the line from handle to spout.

Any information on the maker and age would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Paul,

Thanks for the question.  Unfortunately, I have no idea who the maker is on your attractive tea set.  I specialize in turn-of-the-century art pottery, so I have to apologize for my lack of knowledge with more recent artists.  I would bring the set to a mid-century dealer who might be able to assist you better than I can.

Good luck with your search.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach