Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Militrary WWII footlocker

I have my dad's. It has Eagle Lock co. CN lock, I need a key. It has National Vulcanized Fibre Co banding and is made of wood. I need info on value. I can send a photo if needed. Thanks

Hi Sharon,

There were different types of Eagle locks used on those footlockers, some with barrel keys and some with flat keys. Normally there is a key code engraved or pressed into the lock somewhere on the front. It is often small so you will have to look closely. It is usually something like B124, OB210, etc. If you find the code you may be able to find a key for the lock. I have some old trunk lock keys and I know someone else who also has a large variety.  Most of the WWII trunks had the vulcanized fibre covering painted in army olive drab over a wood body. The condition is important to the value, but these are not usually in high demand so I have seen them sell generally in the range of only about $50 up to maybe $150 if in excellent condition with a working lock. These are not very hard to find so that is the main reason the prices are not very high. The sentimental value may be higher than the retail value. I hope that helps you.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.