Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Milo Baughman/Thayer Coggin

front view
front view  

I have a table which has one drawer, sits low, has wheels and is 36" x36".  On the inside of the drawer is a label identifying it as Milo Baughman designs for Thayer Coggin.  I have no idea what it is worth.  It was given to me by someone who was going to throw it out.  I haven't really seen any others like it on line or elsewhere.  Can you help with some history and fair market value please?  Thank you for your time.

I dont usually do modern items but I like this.  note that the veneer on the face is not book matched but is slip matched, there is a line in the center where one starts and the identical piece starts. <>

here are some sources on milo
and thyer

if this is the style of table that the drawer is a huge one it will retail at 1000-1500 minimum.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971