Collectibles-General (Antiques)/rowe r-86

Question
rowe jukebox
rowe jukebox  

rowe jukebox close
rowe jukebox close  
Hi My father in law recently passed away and left us with a Rowe r-86 jukebox that works great it is loaded with 45's from the 50's and 60's sadly we don't have the space to keep it.  It is the blue magic edition I believe.  I have tried to research value but it seems to be all over the place, can you give me any guidance? Thanks so much.

Answer
Hi Jenny,

This juke box was made sometime after 1980 and my books don't even list it, as it is too new, but time has gone by, and now this is a jukebox that is over 25 years old and considered and antique now. Sadly, I can only give you a few ideas as to value. This is not a collectors jukebox like some of the 60's and earlier jukes boxes are. Collectors want the old jukebox's that you can see the record being played and/or being selected and placed on the turntable. So, this type of jukebox is mainly bought for the person that just wants a jukebox to play and store their records in, and have for the basement game room. So all this considered, it puts the value at about just what you can get out of it, and I would expect to see this unit on the market for sale in the 400.00 to 800.00 range, if it were mine and I was selling it, I would expect to accept from 400.00 to 600.00 for it and more if I could get that out of it. I hope this helps you some. I do understand how you are seeing a wide range of values for it. After all, it is an antique, now being over 25 years old, and the value of antiques is: What a seller is willing to sell it for, and what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson