Collectibles-General (Antiques)/set of antique lamps

Good Day: I have a set of antique lamps,there are no marking on them from the maker,there are three paintings of (angel/cherubs) on them I don't know if it is glass ,porcelain,milk glass, they have a tin or metal base with three claw feet and are brass or bronze or just some type of metal I would like to know the year they were made,value,who made them,and the type of materials they are made of the original shades were shredded and broken, but i do have the piece that hold them on.          Thank You: H Jones

Thanks for the question.  It would be very difficult for me to answer all your questions without actually seeing the lamps, but from your photos, they look like hand-painted porcelain to me.  My guess from the design is that they would also be French, possibly Sevres from the late 1800's or very early 1900's.  If all the surfaces are in good order as well as the brass bases, I would estimate that the pair would be worth about $500 - $700 in today's market.  They are a beautiful pair of lamps, so get them some replacement shades and enjoy them.

Hope that helps.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.