Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Solid wood 4-drawer chest value

chest front
chest front  

left side of chest
left side of chest  
We would like to sell this chest and are trying to determine it's value. What we know... it's solid wood (can see board edges on top, in drawers, on sides, etc.), has carving details, drawers are dovetail construction, unable to locate manufacturer name anywhere. Not sure on these things... what type of metal the handles are, if wood is mahogany. Thank you for your time!

1940 mahogany veneer chest in the sheraton style.

case wood is sweet gum.

all drawers, cabinte sides and top will be mahogany veneer

pulls are steel or bass plated steel, bail might be brass, or they might be all brass pulls

retail in a shop about 250-300

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971