Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Trunk

Vintage trunk
Vintage trunk  

Trade mark
Trade mark  
Here are some photos of the trunk I recently enquirer about
Thanks so much for your feedback!

Sandra,  It's a nice looking trunk. I can see from the pictures that it was a canvas covered trunk.  From the hardware styles I can say it was made sometime after the early 1880's and most likely in the 1890's and possibly as late as the 1910's.  The label is the same as the other ones I've seen.  Again, I would say it was made by a company in Canada or the Duluth Trunk factory.  It also probably had two or three trays that stacked inside the trunk. That's why the trunk holder strips are so low in the trunk. Quite a few trunks were made that way with multiple trays.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.