Collectibles-General (Antiques)/value of an Irwin Pendleton table

Question
irwin table_1
irwin table_1  

irwin table_2
irwin table_2  
can you give me an idea of what the vlue of an Irwin Pendleton table is. The approx. dim's are 26 1/2"H x 14"W x 21"D the drawers are 3"H x 10"W x 16 1/2D.

Answer
Tom - Your table is a Colonial Revival reproduction of a Federal era table of the early 19th century.

According to the book "Grand Rapids Furniture - The Story of America's Furniture City" by Chris Carron ...

"In 1940 Irwin introduced its competitively priced, apartment-scaled “Pendleton” line, a departure from its tradition of larger high end suites. Pendelton pieces used less expensive woods and less handwork in Georgian, Regency and Federal styles. An entire coordinated line of Pendelton carpets, lamps and fabrics was introduced at the same time. But the line was not particularly well received by consumers and the conversion of Irwin’s factories for wartime production brought an end to the line."

Your table is made of flat cut mahogany veneer and secondary woods. It would sell at auction in the $50 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor
www.furnituredetective.com
info@furnituredetective.com  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor