Collectibles-General (Antiques)/3 ft. caned rocking chair

Question
rocking chair
rocking chair  

caning attached
caning attached  
I am trying to find out when this chair was made and in which country?  Also if the caning is original?

Answer
This looks like the items and style of American made hairs in the late 1800s and early 1900s.  it is called a bedroom rocker, slipper rocker, sewing rocker, and lately a nursing rocker.

I cannot tell you if the cane has been redone without looking at it in person.  It does appear that the chair has been refinished which would lead me to believe that the cane has been redone.  This would not devalue the chair.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein