Collectibles-General (Antiques)/cherry library (?) table

Question
table 1
table 1  

table 2
table 2  
I have searched the net for similar tables to no avail. What year (period) would this be from, and what style would you reckon it to be. It is solid cherry - all blocking, sub bases, stretchers, feet, etc. I got it in a box (legs broken, etc) and put it back together, removing black stains from the top, and then finishing it with natural Watco oil. Much appreciation for your time.

Answer
without seeing the grain i cannot agree on the wood species.  usually these are, if not mahogany veneer, are made in birch, figured birch, tulip poplar then stained with a water base dye to a mahogany color.  most often mixed wood and since cherry is often cut in the same wood lost as birch and tulip poplar that will also be mixed in.  wood cutters and manufacturers , when the woods were similar did not separate similar looking and similar characteristic woods out, they merely combined them.

it will date around 1900/1920 and is done in the empire style often called empire revival library table or library desk.

good job.  did the columns have  the long iron bolts going though to attach to the base and under the top?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein