Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Federal Chest Question-Auction Purchase

Question
Brass Pull
Brass Pull  
Chest Picture
Chest Picture  
QUESTION: Dear Mr. Klein,
I have a chest that I just purchased at auction and I would like to know when and where it was built.  The auctioneer has the following as the description:

"Federal four drawer chest having cherry top over four mahogany front drawers with line inlays all set on flared French feet, ht. 39in.; wd. 39in. "

I've attached a picture of the brass pull to help identify the origin.

Any and all info would be appreciated!  Thank you.  Susan

ANSWER: you will have to provide seveal clear and in focus photos to my email as attachements to one email for me to help.

in order to determine age i must see areas that are unseen in the photos you have here.

are you willing?  if so we can get it going all total there will be a minimum of 50-20 photos and i may need some additional ones as we go along.

cell phone wont do, they will have to be very clear to show the detail i will need.

let me know

QUESTION: We are willing.   Please list the picture angles you would like us to do.  Have you seen the brass pulls in the past?   Thank you for your time!  Susan

Answer
i have seen these pulls in catalogs

pics

underneath
back
inside underneath of front and rear legs
outside on the side of one drawer where the side meets the front
same shot of the side where it meets the back of the drawer
shot of the drawer, upside down, taken from the rear showing the bottom and back at the same time
shot of the hole the drawer came out of
close up of the stringing

that will do for a start

attachments to one email and include the post

please review the photos before sending to make sure they are clear and in focus

is the cock beading applied or intergral to the drawer front

thanks

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein