Collectibles-General (Antiques)/gumball machine

gumball machine
gumball machine  
hi jack i have bought a gumball machine and as usual it came without keys ive sent a photo of the locks to a locksmith and they say i will have to drill the lock out. but before i do that i would like to identify it and make sure i can get a new lock that wont look out of place,, the only markings i can find are across the top it reads manufactured by end max international inc. the end max looks like a trade mark or something thanks in advance for any help you can provide...peter hope the picture comes out

Hello Peter,
I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you. Your machine does not appear to be a machine manufactured in the USA. I have never seen one like it before. I do know that a qualified locksmith can usually pick a lock and make a key for the machine. I would recommend that
you take it to other locksmiths in hopes one will say that he can probably pick the lock.
Drill the lock out only as a last resort. Good luck. Regards, Gumgod

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.