Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Hall Tree

Question
Full View
Full View  

Carving View
Carving View  
Hello Mr. Klein,
I was hoping to learn more about this hall tree. I’m interested in finding out the age, style, wood (Oak I think), manufacturer, and value. And anything else you think important.

And thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge with us.

Answer
it is oak and quartersawn oak.  made around 1890/1900, late victorian in style.

this is a good one as i am sure you know.  determining the manufacturer from the 5000 that were in operation at the time is not possible without a label.  there may be one on the back.  have you looked?

i will guess that this is about 42-48 inches wide?? and maybe 7 feet tall??

if i saw this at auction i would have to pay about 800-1000 to buy it unless everyone else was sleeping.  after a bit of cleaning and/or waxing--this is not said due to anything i see in the photos--it is just what i do, and doing any repairs necessary, it would price at a minimum of 2000-2500 in a retail setting.  this will vary depending on the actual venue.
selling from home it would bring less than from a shop.

very good one!  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein