Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Pie safe

Pie Safe
Pie Safe  

Pie Safe
Pie Safe  
I have a very heavy vintage pie safe that has square nails but has some areas that need to be repaired I was wondering what something like this would lose in value if repaired and what the original value would be?
There are no makers marks that I can find

I do like this type!!

As to value and repair.  It appears that some repair has been done, the left stile on the left door at the bottom looks like a piece has already been replaced, i am guessing that the hinge area broke out at some time and this was the repair, replacing part of the stile.  So if originality is to be considered regarding future repairs, that has already been compromised.  

Value depends on how the repair is done and what repair you are referring to.  if selling is your intent then sell it as is and let the next owner have the repairs done.  why?  the next owner might not want it repaired, they might want it as it is.  it is very important that a knowledgeable restorer and only one who can discuss all the options be considered if you want it repaired or restored for your own self.

where are you located.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971