Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Poss Waterford Chandelier

How would I verify if a chandelier is a Waterford crystal chandelier?  It was purchased somewhere around the 1970's from an estate sale in a mansion in Maryland.  The lady's husband had died & she was selling everything in her home herself before moving. It was still hanging at the time of the sale & wasn't on the list of for sale items but the person asked if they could buy it. They were told  it was a Waterford but it's never been verified & trying to find the value of it if possible, before selling this item.  Here is a picture. Thank You

no picture-- but from a picture i could not tell you if it was waterford, waterford is marked and finding that mark it the best way to know.

you have to inspect everywhere to find the waterford mark, with your best magnifiers on, also, if the clean prisms do not cut the light into prismatic colors then it is not crystal but imitation.

lastly, it may be necessary to take it to a jeweler who deals in waterford.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971