Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Red Cedar Chest by Syracuse Cabinet Company

Question
Red Cedar Chest
Red Cedar Chest  
QUESTION: I inherited this chest from my grandmother and I would love more information about it, such as an approximate year made and what the original cost may have been and what it may be worth today.  The sticker inside says Syracuse Cabinet Company, North Manchester, Indiana and there is a Guarentee paper stapled inside guaranteeing it to be an original design and containing over seventy per cent of 3/4" solid red cedar in the body proper of chest and entirely finished with Duco, the everlasting finish.  The chest is lockable with a key.

ANSWER: please add a picture of the interior

The Interior
The Interior  
QUESTION: Here is a photo of the interior...

Answer
1920s is when this was made.  as to the original cost, it would take some researching to find this information for you.  most likely 20-25$ at most.

in todays market and in the condition shown about 400$ would be a retail in shop price if all the surfaces are good and all is tight.

it may be an 'original design' but this style of furniture was prevalent in the 1920s.  also called colonial revival style.

good piece!!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein