Collectibles-General (Antiques)/replacement key for Eagle lock

I am looking for a replacement key for an Eagle lock on an old truck passed down through generations to my husband and I.
The lock has code 22U8 stamped on it. Do you know how I might find a replacement or if anyone makes replacement keys for these locks?

It is still possible to find an old key for your lock. I've been collecting old trunk lock keys of all types for many years, and would you believe that I have an Eagle 22U6, 22U7, and 22U9, but NO 22U8 right now. Wish I could help you myself, but you have a very good chance of finding one from Micheal Gallagher of Island Trunk Shop, which you can look up online.  You can contact him and I really expect that he will be able to find the key you need. I often have the right one, but not in this case.   Good luck.   

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Marvin D. Miller

I can answer questions related to antique trunks, their age, manufacturers, styles, patents, etc, including all types of trunks such as steamer trunks, saratoga trunks, Victorian trunks, slat trunks, toy and doll trunks, stagecoach trunks, valises, hat trunks, and others.

I have over 40 years experience in trunk restoration, collecting, and research. I own the most extensive collection of historical documents, catalogs, maker's labels, cards, etc. related to antique trunks. I am always updating my inventory of historical documents and antique trunks.

Association of American Antique Trunk Restorers, President.

Primarily on the website Cotton & Quail Antiques newspaper (Southeast). Antique Journal magazine.

Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. I have conducted extensive research related to the topic of trunk manufacturers and trunk styles in the U.S. and Europe.

Have consulted for the Pawn Stars TV show on antique trunks. I have sold antique trunks to museums in California and Florida and to customers around the world.