Collectibles-General (Antiques)/table

marble top table
marble top table  
Would like to know about this table.  The history I know is that it belonged to an aunt of my mothers and my mom would be 90 if she was still alive. Maker? Year? Value?
Thanks-any info would be appreciated

a lot of companies made this type of table so without a label or finding a picture of this exact table in a catalog from the 1870-1885 period no one can tell you who manufactured it.  there were about 5000 companies building furniture at that time.

it is walnut and is a lamp table or foyer table.

This one, if it is stable and has no breaks would sell at 850 in a shop.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971