Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Age of chair

Wood Chair
Wood Chair  

Chair Back
Chair Back  
Can you please tell me the age of this chair.  The back constructon if very unique to me.  The top part of the back is sort of flat.  Also if you know, please tell me who made it or where it might have come from.

Thank you so much!

1920s and is a manufactured chair made by many different companies.  some had more spindals some had round hoops some flat like yours but there were so many companies without a label there is no way to determine which company.

it was made as a kitchen chair

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971