Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Circassian Walnut Empire Bedroom Set

Question
Circassian Empire Bed
Circassian Empire Bed  

Circassia Empire Dresser
Circassia Empire Dress  
Hello Bob
I received this bedroom set from a good friend's estate.  Their parents were the original owners and they even had the original catalog page (see pics).  Thanks to this page and a previous post you answered, I discovered they are Circassian Walnut 'Empire' style.  The set consists of a full size sleigh bed and large dresser with mirror.  Unfortunately, there is no manufacturer name on the catalog page - only the factory location:  "Shipped from Factory H,Southern Indiana" I was unable to find any manufacturer information on either of the pieces.  On the caster wheels is printed the following: Feltoid - Pat. Dec. 29 - 08. They are in great shape and have the original finish...also the dresser has the original custom glass top.  

Is there anything more you can tell me?  Unfortunately, we have no room for these and I would like to sell them, but have no idea what they might be worth?  Any chance you can help out?  Also, should I hold out and sell them together - are they worth more together than apart?

Thanks in advance!!
Bill

Answer
looking at the pictures you sent to my email i cannot read the print at the bottom of the catalog page.

the set is what you say, empire style circassian walnut and was made 1910-1920 and really there is no more that can be said about the set.  the veneers are well matched with the repeating pattern.

i have the same bed in my shop priced at 450. the dresser would be priced the same, if i had it.

an auction price would be around 255-350 on each piece depending on the auction house.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein