Collectibles-General (Antiques)/clay pot

Question
picture 1
picture 1  

picture 2
picture 2  
hello..i have a clay pot picked up in a ma and pa store in southwest US...I know if its real it may be a lot older than
your expertise but i'm hoping you can help
is it Mayan, Aztec,Incan, or just plain junk..can you help?
or refer me to someone who can..photos  added
Thank You!

Answer
Ron,

Looks like a south American style pot to me, quite possibly a tourist piece.  I would email a photo or photos to any auction gallery specializing in southwest and/or south American pottery and see if they have any experts on site who could narrow this down for you.  Maybe Heritage auctions out of Dallas TX could help you out as well.

Hope this helps and sorry I couldn't offer you any more than this.  Good luck.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach