Collectibles-General (Antiques)/clay pot

picture 1
picture 1  

picture 2
picture 2  
hello..i have a clay pot picked up in a ma and pa store in southwest US...I know if its real it may be a lot older than
your expertise but i'm hoping you can help
is it Mayan, Aztec,Incan, or just plain junk..can you help?
or refer me to someone who  added
Thank You!

Looks like a south American style pot to me, quite possibly a tourist piece.  I would email a photo or photos to any auction gallery specializing in southwest and/or south American pottery and see if they have any experts on site who could narrow this down for you.  Maybe Heritage auctions out of Dallas TX could help you out as well.

Hope this helps and sorry I couldn't offer you any more than this.  Good luck.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.