Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identification and use of furniture

Question
What is it-1
What is it-1  

What is it-2
What is it-2  
Dear Mr. Klein,
I would be very grateful if you could shed some light on this piece of "furniture".
I would like to know what is it called (it seems to be like a multilevel tilt table but I am sure there is a more "technical" name for it) and its style and age.
What its use is if you know.
The figures are hand painted and all are of African people dancing
The 3 levels move all at the same time since they are connected in the back.
The overall approximate measurements are 47" high, 15" wide and the round pieces are 10" in diameter.
If you can suggest a value I'll be very grateful
As always a world of thanks in advance.
Kindly,
Eddie
PS: more pictures available

Answer
muffin stand 1900-1920s.

these do not normally have a high money value.  highese i have observed for a  good well made one--not the common ones, has been at 250$.  but-this is one of the better i have seen and with the african figures painted-something i have not seen-i would think this would have a value higher than normal; as such depictions are highly collectible.

most of the time we see common or standard muffin stands 75-125 in shops but i would place a value on yours of 450 retail, possibly higher if the artist can be named.  many items were painted but having this in such great condition on a piece that are not so common these days adds to the allure.

insurance value higher.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein