Collectibles-General (Antiques)/kathrine henick coffee table

Question
coffee table
coffee table  
OK I have a coffee table with some Chinese hand painted women on it. The table is black with gold trim. An it also has 2 metal gates on both sides of the table. On the lower right hand side of the table it is signed by a KATHERINE HENICK. So my question is who she an how Much is the table worth?

Answer
katherine h painted a lot of furniture for people and companies, was it all done by her or done by trainees and the name put on, no one will say.

the work is good, the furniture usually medium grade.  since i do not have a picture of the whole table i cannot offer a value.  please reply to the post and add a full view picture and i can hlep.

generally, coffee tables with the scene you describe, in good conditon will bring about 150-200 tops in an antique shop or mall.

if you intend to clean use a good quality furniture paste wax like toluene free briwa in a dark color.  as always, try a small area first just in case the coating is so degraded as to come off easily.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein