Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sleeper sofa: Stickley?

Question
Sleeper Sofa
Sleeper Sofa  

Sleeper Sofa 2
Sleeper Sofa 2  
The sofa in the photos has been in my in-laws basement since 1951. The bed mechanism is missing. A relative suggested it might be a Stickly. We cannot find any markings on any part of the sofa frame, brackets or tilt mechanism. Please tell us if you can identify the maker. My wife thinks it is just a craft style??? The leather back is cracking. The seat was upholstered with the fine green vinyl.

Answer
Mark - The sofa does not show any signs of being a Stickley piece, typical through tenons, etc, and I do not know if any of the Stickley companies (there were several) made sofa beds. I have never seen one. It is in the Arts & Crafts/Mission style of the early 20th century in which some the Stickley's and many other cabinetmakers of the period worked.

I cannot identify the maker other than to say it is not a Stickley.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor