Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stickley table

Question
Stickely table
Stickely table  

Bottom of Stickley table
Bottom of Stickley tab  
Good Morning Mr. Taylor,

You previously answered a question for me so I was hoping for your assistance once again.

I have several more pieces I would like for you to see starting with this one.

I picked up this Stickley end table at an Estate Sale. It has a burned in marking that says Stickley Grand Rapids underneath it. I have one additional picture with closer detail of the top if you would like that one too.

Once again, any information you can give would be much appreciated.

Answer
Valerie - Your end table is a Colonial Revival reproduction of a "step" table. Originally tables of this design were used to climb into tall beds of the 18th century and a chamber pot was stored underneath.

It was made by Stickley Brothers of Grand Rapids very late in the history of the company in the late 1940s to early 1950s just before the company closed in 1954. The table is made of mahogany and secondary woods stained to look like mahogany.

It would sell at auction in the $25-$50 range.

Thanks for writing.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor