Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Wicker carriage

Wicker carriage
Wicker carriage  
Hi, I recently purchased a home built in 1912, inside the home was a wicker carriage. The hood on the carriage is frayed a bit, would it be worth restoring or leaving it be? Also, I have found no markings in this wonderful piece and am unsure of whom manufactured it. Any information you may have would be appreciated. What it's worth is not of importance to me, I think it to be priceless. Thank you for your time, it's much appreciated
         Amanda Christman

Thanks for your question,
 To restore or not is up to you. It would increase the value of course but if taken care of so that no more damage occurs, you could let it be for now. Judging from the stove next to it, this looks like a doll carriage? Many of these were not marked because they were made by wicker company's for toy retailers. It looks like it's from the teens to the 20s.
I can repair the hood for you and retire the wheels should you desire.
 A nice piece,

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.