Collectibles-General (Antiques)/1834 lex chair co

Under table stamp
Under table stamp  

I was recently given this table from my aunt that says it was my great grandmothers I was hoping for any information you may know about the co and if this 1834 stamp is the year it was made. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thomas - 1834 was not the year your table was made. It is a model number. Lexington Chair Co was a 20th century company. It was located in Lexington, NC and was part of the "second tier" of the furniture industry located in North Carolina. It was acquired in 1966 by Kroehler of Naperville, IL.

If you can send me some photos of the table I will be happy to tell you what I can about it.
You can send clear photos to me as .jpg files at Please send the photos directly to me as .jpg files. DO NOT put them in an online photo album. Be sure to include a copy of your original inquiry so I can match them up or I will not respond.

Fred Taylor  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida