Collectibles-General (Antiques)/One cent match box machine

Question
Match box machine
Match box machine  
QUESTION: My father in law had this machine.  I had to r remove the front cover to find the manufacture which was Mclaughlin Machine Co. from St. Louis.  I can not find anything about this piece or the company other than they were in business from 1910 to 1913. Looking for value and the possibility of restoration. I spent hours online looking for a picture. Any help you can give is much appreciated! The piece is missing the front glass and the coin door on the side but the machine does function.

ANSWER: Hi Matt,

This is a tough one and you handed me the hot potato here! So far I haven't found a thing on it either but I am still searching for you. I just ran a add on the C.O.C.A. Members web site requesting information on this. If we can't pull something out of these guys then we are in trouble. I also checked unknown machines to see if something like this would show up and also found nothing. The C.O.C.A. site as at:

http://www.coinopclub.org/

if you interested. and this is what my add reads that I posted there:

Match dispencer from: Mclaughlin Machine Co. from St.
Louis from 1910 to 1913

Information for Match Dispenser by Mclaughlin Machine Co
Ad placed on Dec 28, 2013

I received a question posted below about this machine and I can't find anything on it, does anyone know anything about this machine? Match dispenser from: Mclaughlin Machine Co. from St. Louis from 1910 to 1913.

So Now, we wait and hope someone has information on this machine, if not, you might have the only example of one of these! I'll keep you posted on any information, if any, that I receive on this machine.

Thank You
Rodger Knutson
Http://www.coinslots.com

QUESTION: I was wondering if you have heard anything about the dispenser yet. I did some more searching, and although I still don't have any info regarding the manufacturer or when this was made, I did find a piece that sold at auction that, although is painted different, has the exact same box.

http://www.icollector.com/Match-Box-Dispenser_i11091413

Thanks,

Matt

Answer
Hi Matt,
No, sorry but no one has responded to that add at COCA at all and that surprises me. You did well! Looks like you found one just like it. Too bad there was no information about this machine with the auction but I didn't even see a brand name listed in that auction. Well, we will just have to keep looking and sooner or later something with turn up. Thanks for the link to that auction, at least we know what the front looks like and I am sure this is the same machine.
Thanks
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson