Collectibles-General (Antiques)/follow-up photos for Globe-Warnicke barrister Bookcase

back of bookcase
back of bookcase  

door mechanisme
door mechanisme  
I have the photos you requested and will attach them here.   I took photos of the back, side, a stamp mark on the top of the 3rd "box," and a few pictures of the door opening mechanism.  I should tell you that my mother originally bought this bookcase in an antique store in/near Quadra Island, Vancover Island, British Columbia, Canada.
I have more than 2 photos if you would like them.

It is all as it should be!  The scissor style guides for the doors, the correct back, correct knobs and is quarter sawn oak with leaded glass doors.  Generally you will have one row with teh leaded glass, if any.  Having all this way puts it into a higher catagory, top of the line for this style.  

Interesting, we have some friends that just opened the Spoon and Blanket Bed and breadfast in Ladysmith. I have not visited but my wife went there before they opened it.  Such a lovely place.

back to the stacking bookcase:
It is a good one, I would guess that 1000-1200 would buy it at the auction i attend in Danville VA.  Pay the 10% buyers premium and haul it 700 miles home then I would do some adjusting and set a retail price in a shop at 2000-2500.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971