Collectibles-General (Antiques)/value Globe-Wernicke Barrister bookcase

I have a Globe-Warnicke Barrister Bookcase, built 1899-1900 in Stratford, Connecticut.  According to the sticker in the top shelf, the size is D 81/2 and the grade is 296.  The windows have an iron design on them and all the pieces are complete.  There are 4 stackable shelves, a bottom piece, and a top piece.  I would like to know the value and am including a photo.

I read the label as stratford, ontario.
This is called a 4 row one section case.  The top and base are called ogee shape.

the metal should be lead, called led came.  each piece of glass is individually cut and encapsulated withing the lead channel.  The channel is 'H" shaped.  It is called leaded glass, not because of lead in the glass but because of the lead came.  This is is the G-W Ideal Style

i am confused by the grade number of 296 as the grade indicates the type of wood and finish.
the sheet i have does not list 296 but starts with 298.  i am going to check into the ontario operation to see what i might have for you.  The wood appears to be oak.  The label is of the cincinatti style but is the later one, the ontario one is different as you can see on the link i have supplied.  1903 GLOBE-WERNICKE, later PRESTON-NOELTING (1926),163 King Street, at Douro Street, stratford, ont.

give me some time to check into what you have.  It is a good one that I would have to pay 1000 to buy at auction if it is an original.  could i get a picture of the mechanism for the doors and a picture of the rear.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971